Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow), which enables the site or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information. We may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically.
Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by us to analyse how visitors interact with the website, so that we can continue to develop and improve this website.
Third Party Cookies
Most cookies that we collect are related solely to Digital Emergency, however there may be some pages where you are sent cookies from some of our business partners. We don’t control the settings of these cookies, so we suggest that you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
The third-party partners that send cookies to our website are:
- Twitter – If you are on the web, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice tool at optout.aboutads.info to opt out of seeing interest-based advertising from Twitter in your current browser
- Full Story Heatmaps – If you have any concerns about your session data being recorded, you can opt-out here
- Hotjar Heatmaps – You may opt-out from having Hotjar collect your information when visiting a Hotjar Enabled Site at any time by visiting Hotjar Opt-out page and clicking ‘Disable Hotjar’ or enabling Do Not Track (DNT) in your browser
- Google Analytics – if you have any concerns about your session data being recorder, you can opt-out here
- Google Tag Manager – Learn more here
- Google AdWords – To learn more how to control advertising cookies click here
For more information on cookies, you can read the guidance at All About Cookies.